Deputy Celebrates Substantial Year-End Growth and Achievements
SAN FRANCISCO – December 22, 2022 – Deputy, the leading staff scheduling software solution, continued its strong trajectory in 2022. Global organizations spanning 100+ countries rely on Deputy’s award-winning software to simplify scheduling, labor compliance, and employee engagement on a large scale.
“It has been a hard year for the world but Deputy has weathered the storm well given the resilience of our customer base,” said Ashik Ahmed, CEO and Co-founder of Deputy. “Our innovations are fueled by our vision of having thriving workplaces in every community, and we’re pleased to have welcomed over 7,000 new customers this year. Today, a record-breaking 330,000+ businesses use Deputy to empower their teams and improve efficiency without wasting time, money, or sanity.”
Highlights from Deputy’s tremendous year of growth include:
- New Industry Reports: To better understand the needs of workplaces and hourly workers, Deputy conducted market research and released the 2022 State of Shift Work and The Big Shift reports.
- New Product Features: Deputy launched 90 new product features to support the evolving needs of the hourly workforce, including Shift Pulse™, a new way for customers to strengthen their team’s voice. Shift Pulse allows managers and employers to capture continuous feedback from employees, arming them with the right insights to keep their teams happy and engaged. A detailed list of Deputy’s product updates is available here.
- Increased Industry Recognition: Deputy’s growth statistics helped the company add new awards to its roster of industry and workplace recognitions, including The San Francisco Chronicle’s Greater Bay Area Top Workplaces.
- Expanded Shift Worker Advocacy Initiatives: Deputy formally launched International Shift Worker Sunday as a day for all to reflect on and recognize the hourly workforce that keeps local communities strong. International Shift Worker Sunday is celebrated annually on the last Sunday of November.
- Impact: Over 139 million schedules and 138 million timesheets totaling more than $47 billion were paid using Deputy.
Deputy also bolstered its global employee headcount, finishing off the year with more than 400 Deputies.
“This is only the beginning,” said Ahmed. “Although it’s no surprise, I’m in constant awe of our team’s accomplishments and look forward to the strides we’ll make in 2023.”
To find out more about how Deputy simplifies everyday management for businesses, contact us.
Deputy is on a mission to Simplify Shift Work™ for millions of shift workers and businesses globally. The company streamlines scheduling, timesheets, tasks, and communication for business owners and their workers. More than 330,000 workplaces use Deputy to manage, schedule, and effectively communicate with employees, providing millions of shift workers with more flexibility and control over their schedules. Deputy’s software helps businesses navigate workforce legislation including wages, overtime, entitlements, and penalties - providing businesses with tools to simplify compliance and build a thriving workplace.
Visit www.deputy.com, or find us on Twitter, Facebook, the App Store, or Google Play for more information.