Top Insights for United Kingdom's Hourly Paid Economy
Date : 25 March 2020
- Pubs & Bars: With pubs and bars closing nationwide due to government ordinance and precautions by owners and management to protect the safety of employees and customers, there has been a sharp decline (81%) in the number of hours worked by bar and pub employees.
- Local Cafes: New rules across the country have had an interesting effect on local cafes. Despite opportunities for take-out or delivery, there remains a 83% decrease in hours being rostered by this sector.
- Restaurants: The restaurant industry has taken a hard hit by COVID-19 - which has largely impacted staff: there has been a 85% decrease in hours worked week on week.
- Retail: Retailers nationwide have had to close down brick-and-mortar locations due to Shelter-in-Place ordinances. As a result, in comparison to the previous month, there has been a 78% decrease in hours worked.
British Industry Index List
- Deputy Industry Index : Bars and Pubs
- Deputy Industry Index : Restaurants
- Deputy Industry Index : Local Cafes
- Deputy Industry Index : Retail
- Deputy Industry Index : Healthcare
To make reporting about the rapidly changing world of work easier for news media during this unprecedented time Deputy has made it simple for journalists and editors to quickly download the data and insights contained in each industry index.
If you are looking for something more specific in regards to insights on a particular industry or region please reach out to Mat or Maya from our media team, they are happy to assist.
Australia and UK journalists can also reach out to our Public Relations Agency.
Sling and Stone | [email protected]