Top Industry Insights for U.S. Hourly Paid Economy
Date : June 8, 2020
- Pubs & Bars: The gap between shifts scheduled vs shifts worked has shifted to 19.9%. We saw this gap widen over the last several weeks, it's likely shrinking due to a combination of bars participating in to-go orders and/or re-opening of bars nationwide.
- Local Cafes: Shifts took a nosedive this week following a whopping 22,297 shifts being created on June 1st. As of June 8th, 2,801 shifts have been created. This may be due to updated regulations rolled out by cities/counties/countries that are re-opening cafes.
- Restaurants: Pre-pandemic, on average, managers planned shifts ahead by 9 days. In the last several weeks, this number declined to planning 3-4 days ahead.
- Healthcare: Healthcare Practitioners Newsfeed usage has fluctuated over the last several weeks. This week it's slightly increased to mention COVID-19 updates to workers by 3%.
- Retail: Retail has been hit hard by COVID-19 in the last two to three weeks. Despite a short increase in shifts created over the weekend, today, we're seeing those numbers decline slightly. As a result, the gap between Shifts Scheduled vs Shifts Worked is currently 12.3%. This could be a reflection of managers anticipating crowds for the week, or potential closures due to essential ordinances.
U.S. Industry Index List
To make reporting about the rapidly changing world of work easier for news media during this unprecedented time Deputy has made it simple for journalists and editors to quickly download the data and insights contained in each industry index.
If you are looking for something more specific in regards to insights on a particular industry or region please reach out to Mat or Maya from our media team, they are happy to assist.